The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well. -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Geography Lesson

I was at a festival recently that was held at the same facility as the camp I was working, and saw the word "Бессарабська" (Bessarabian) and had no idea what that meant. I was reminded of it while reading this article, that mentions a Bessarabian fortress. So I looked it up.

Bessarabian: a region in eastern Europe between the Dniester and Prut rivers. It was part of Romania 1918–40, but now lies in Moldova and Ukraine.

Also, in case you hadn't noticed, I am a slacker and haven't posted anything since the beginning of summer. I'll be making it up to you over the next few days!

No comments:

Post a Comment