The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well. -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Sweet Things

This is a cute article about l-o-v-e in Peace Corps.

Today, all my 11th form students got their class yearbooks right before we had English. Which essentially meant that they were going to be distracted the entire time looking at them so I scrapped my lesson and let them have the time to sign yearbooks. I mean, it's their last year of school! It was sweet how many of them wanted me to write messages to them (and I wrote in English). Even though they sometimes drive me crazy with their laziness, I'm so excited to do the traditional dance/party celebration and then head to the river to watch the sun rise with them for graduation at the end of the year!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the article about love. I wish it included statistics on how many of these PCV-HCN relationships work out... and where. Also your school has yearbooks? Thats some fancy shit.

    ReplyDelete