The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well. -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

More Links

NPR's Russia By Rail series is pretty cool.

I have trouble comprehending why anyone would want to live in Siberia, but these pictures almost make me want to go there. Dazzling.
 
Men of the Crowd: How Homo Sovieticus Was Created is a good article about Ukrainian mentality.

In general, anything from Ukrainian Week is informative. I geeked out on this article about parents who try to always speak Ukrainian with their children while living in Russian heavy areas.

It's been cold in Ukraine. Last week, I had school on Monday and Tuesday and then school was closed until this past Monday due to the cold temperature. I had school Monday and Tuesday this week, and my school will be closed until next Monday again. I've only been leaving my house to go to school when I have it and to buy groceries. Otherwise, I'm inside reading or watching tv shows from my external. It's an exciting life, for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment