The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well. -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Stress

Tomorrow will be the start of the second full week of school. I have yet to teach a lesson. I don't know if there's a set schedule (my guess is no) or really what is going on. I was told that I would start teaching tomorrow. I don't know which classes or when. I also realized that I don't have a book or the correct book for 5 of the 7 classes I was told I'd be teaching. With all of the books, I make a plan using some of the exercises in the book but usually also prepare my own activities to dovetail with the theme of the lesson. The books usually don't provide enough or the type of activities we're supposed to be emphasizing. I was also told that I'll have a meeting tomorrow after school to finalize which classes I'll be teaching.

Basically, I have no lessons prepared and don't know if I'll be thrown into teaching tomorrow.

It's stressing me out.

On the bright side, I now have five private lessons scheduled (and that I taught last week). There's a good chance this number will increase as the next few weeks go by, until I hit the ceiling of the number I can handle.

No comments:

Post a Comment