The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well. -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Saturday, September 3, 2011

Things I Did Today

I went running, and ended up playing fútbol with some of the middle school boys from my school. This is the second time this has happened and I'm definitely not opposed to it. It feels pretty nice to be back on the field, and part of me is surprised that the boys have embraced my presence so openly. But I'm happy about it.

Then I went out for a walk and ended up hitting around a badminton with another group of kids, one kid told me a scary story, and they all tried to convince me to go to the disco tech with them (I declined).

Ohio State's football season starts today. I'm not going to lie, I miss being in Columbus and watching games. Thinking about that also makes me crave a slice of pizza and a beer.

I guess I'm trading football for fútbol this fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment