The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well. -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thursday, September 20, 2012

шкільні новини/School News

My school has finally printed up the official schedule, though one of my English teachers keeps rearranging one of her classes. Otherwise, school is in full swing and since it's now almost the end of the third week of classes, my students have resumed their normal "I don't wanna!" attitudes. Some days are surprisingly easy, others surprising frustrating and defeating. It's always a toss-up.

Thankfully, I have things to look forward to that help break up the times I have to teach with the times I don't. Mid next week I have my close of service conference in Chernihiv, and I'm heading to Kyiv a day early to hang out with Shannon. After the conference finishes, John, Jordan, Shannon and I are renting an apartment in Kyiv to spend the weekend together. Then, on Monday I'll be flying out of Kyiv and heading home to Ohio! I'll have almost two weeks of family, friends, and yummy American food before coming back to Ukraine.

After that, it's just a matter of time before December rolls around and I officially close out my service.

No comments:

Post a Comment