The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well. -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Belated Birthday

I was invited to my landlord's the other night for a belated birthday dinner. It was my landlord, her friend and her friend's husband, and another friend who is a teacher at the kindergarten.

We ate soup, cutlet, and cucumber salad and did toasts, and ate cake with tea. Then they sang some traditional Ukrainian songs to me, and the dude went and watched tv while I listened to the three of them gossip in very quick Ukrainian. It was wonderful.

Also, my landlord gave me a coffee cup with kittens on it. It's very cute, and one of the kittens is incredibly creeptastic and I LOVE IT.

Grump.

 Not as creeptastic.

1 comment: