The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well. -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

ONE MONTH

Whoop! One month from today, my school will hold its Last Bell Ceremony, officially ending the 2011 - 2012 school year! If you can't tell from the exclamation marks, I'm super excited about this.

In about a week, my 11th formers will finish their lessons and start their exams. We actually haven't had class in a week, which I'm fine with, but I'm not really sure why this has happened. Only one of about 24 of those students will be taking the exam in English (and the girl who's taking it will do an incredible job, she's one of my favorite students). Then, the 11th form Last Bell Ceremony is in about two weeks, followed by their graduation ceremony, dance and dinner. Because of Euro Cup, the schedule is super weird and I'm not entirely sure when everything is exactly happening, but then again I never really know.

I had a rather funny conversation with one of my teachers the other day about the 9th form exams. Basically, it's "forbidden" for the students to know the test material beforehand, but there are study guides published which students can, and are encouraged by teachers to, buy. The study guides cover the material that will be on the exam, and the guides are used in class to prepare students/give them answers. Except students are so lazy that even though they're given the answers, many of them still don't do well on the exams. Which I'm not even sure matters because grades sometimes get changed so that they don't reflect poorly on teachers or the school. I keep thinking about this and laughing to myself maniacally...

On a completely unrelated note, fruits and vegetables will be here in about a month! This will truly mark the start of summer deliciousness.

No comments:

Post a Comment