The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well. -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Monday, May 9, 2011

Storks

I noticed this huge nest a few weeks ago and have been meaning to snap pictures of the stork that lives in it. Today I remembered. Stork in Ukrainian and Russian, respectively, is лелека and аист (laylayka and ayst).



Today is also Victory Day. All I really know is that it's in memory of all those who fought during the Great Patriotic War (World War II). There was a concert today, but unfortunately I found out about it about an hour too late.

Also, I went for a run today and ended up at a picnic. Ukrainian hospitality continues to amaze me.

Here are some pictures from a recent walk.







No comments:

Post a Comment