The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well. -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Two Changes

1)  I'm not so great at posting things as they happen, so I've decided to treat this blog more like a job. And in theory, it is. Core Expectation 3: Helping promote a better understanding of other peoples on the part of Americans. So that is my motivation for being timely.

2) A PCV friend told me this weekend that he was told to treat his community like his kingdom and do what he wants. This was an epiphany for me. I've been so worried about stepping on people's toes and getting involved in political/gossip situations that I haven't accomplished much of anything besides teaching my normal schedule, even though I have ideas for programs I want to do. So from now on, it's less thinking and more doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment