The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well. -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Introductions

I was invited into Peace Corps in August 2010, as a Secondary Education Teaching English as a Foreign Language Teacher in Ukraine. This blog is an attempt to record and share my experiences, projects and adventures during the next two years. I’d give you more details, but those don’t get decided until I get my in-country placement and so much is dependent upon the city or village I’ll live in. Besides teaching, I’ll also get to work on secondary projects in my community, which could be anything from HIV/AIDS education, multicultural awareness, civic activism, and journalism.

My service starts at the end of September 2010 and is scheduled to end December 2012, so check back here for lots of updates until then. As always, your comments are much appreciated. Keep in touch often, please.

No comments:

Post a Comment