The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well. -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Russian Vs. Ukrainian

Being talked at in Russian is actually more frustrating for me than when people talk to me in Ukrainian and I just don't understand. Usually, if people use simple enough Ukrainian I can understand the message and mostly answer (though I'm sure it sounds atrocious). But with Russian, it sounds close enough to Ukrainian that I feel like I should be understanding, but I literally don't understand anything. But I feel like I should be understanding. But I can't. But it kinda sounds like Ukrainian, so I should understand. But I can't.

This is the cycle I get stuck in.

No comments:

Post a Comment